You want to get your skin darker but afraid to get sunburn or don’t have time to bathe under the sun? Especially in wintertime when the sun doesn’t rise as much as in summer and your skin tends to look pale. If pale winter skin leaves you feeling blue, it might be time to book your first tanning spray session.
Spray tanning is an easy and healthy way to maintain a nice tan. The tanning spray doesn’t have the shortcomings of the safety of tanning beds, and it produces a natural-looking, customizable result. You won’t leave your tanning spots looking orange and streaky. You will come out of the room with a perfect tan as if you had been sunbathing.
What is Spray Tanning? And Is It Right For Me?
- For good reason, nearly everyone looks a lot better when they have a little tint.
- Right or wrong, that pale, sickly white look is definitely gone!
- And because we now know that running in the sun (or in a tanning bed) all day long is REALLY bad for our skin, many people turn to spray tanning for that beautiful bronze glow.
But what exactly is spray tanning? How does it work? How much does it cost? And where do I get it?
Related Post Guides:
7 Tips To Create A Website In 2021 That Must Know
Spray tanning allows people to get a bronze brownish glow all year round without the health risks of tanning beds. The process is quite simple, by spraying thin Mist onto the desired skin area, and the skin will turn a natural-looking brown color.
This process is obtained from the work of a chemical called Dihydroxyacetone (DHA). These chemicals are actually colorless, but interact with amino acids that are naturally present in skin cells. When these two ingredients come into contact, the skin cells will turn several degrees darker.
Although the thought that spraying yourself with a chemical that causes your skin cells to turn brown may sound suspicious, don’t worry because DHA is completely safe. DHA is known to pose no health risks, and has been used for cosmetic reasons for decades.
The results you get from tanning spray are generally very good. Many celebrities and models prefer spray tanning over anything else to get their skin tone to their liking.
DHA tanning results tend to last no more than a week. If you want to keep that beautiful bronze sheen going on forever, then you should go to your local spray tanning salon often. But for the sake of having tan skin all winter it’s worth it!
Where and How to Get Spray Tan
Here are a few options for getting a spray tanning service
1. Spray booth
If you decide to go to a local tanning salon, they’ll use a spray booth to apply the spray tan. This chamber is equipped with several nozzles that spray the tanning solution all over your body quickly and efficiently. If you prioritize even application and want to make repeat visits to the salon, this might be a good option for you.
2. Airbrush Gun or Spray Gun
Many tanning artists schedule appointments at home. They will use a portable tanning airbrush, which provides the same level of control and consistency as a tanning bed. So don’t worry that your tan will have scary brown streaks or streaks, and you won’t even have to leave the house!
If you are particularly interested in the tanning process, you may want to purchase an at-home spray tan machine. With a little practice, you can learn to use portable products to get the results you want.
When visiting your nearest beauty supply store or pharmacy, you may notice an array of tanning products. This product also uses the chemical DHA to change skin color. This is the most cost-effective way to stay in the sun, but it will be time consuming and difficult to apply evenly.
Pros and Cons of Tanning Spray
There is some difference between spray tanning and other forms of self-tanning products such as lotions, creams, gels, and mousses. But before we discuss these differences, one thing to keep in mind. All forms of self-tanning and spray tanning use the exact same active ingredient, namely DHA. But that doesn’t mean you’ll get the same results as any of the older products with DHA in them (trust me)!
- Therefore, let’s discuss some of the benefits of spray tanning.
- First and foremost, spray tanning is easy.
- Once you are ready, all you have to do is go to the tanning salon or ask someone to come over to your house.
- The booth or technician will then spray your entire body with a fine mist. You just have to mix it up a little and the process is complete!
This is definitely a little easier and much quicker than applying lotion or gel all over your body. Another benefit of spray tanning is that it dries faster than most other self-tanning products, so you don’t have to worry about it getting on your clothes, sheets, or your loved ones.
As for the color obtained by tanning spray, it varies from person to person. Some people like the color and evenness that comes with spray tanning, while others find self-tanning lotions and gels better. Since everyone has slightly different skin chemistry, you will need to experiment a bit to see what works best for you.
How to Prepare Spray Tan
- Take a shower before going to the salon. After bathing, do not apply unnecessary moisturizers or products to your skin.
- Exfoliate your skin with a scrub or exfoliant.
- Lotions, makeup, and perfume can be a barrier between the skin and tanning solutions because they contain oil.
- Make sure you shave or wax before your appointment.
- Just before applying the tan, apply a small amount of Vaseline or moisturizer on the knees, ankles, elbows, and palms. Put on a shower cap. Apply lip balm on your lips.
- Try to stick with the tanning spray solution overnight and don’t use moisturizer until the next day.