Ever since its initial release, PS4 has been one of the most widely used home video gaming console all around the globe. It is an 8th gen console that features Jaguar 8 core processor combined with an awesome design and many additional features that contribute to creating an awesome gaming experience.
PS4 has undergone many updates over the past few years and where most of these updates go great, there are some instances when you update your system you are left with some really nasty errors that just don’t go away, no matter how hard you try.
We are going to talk about one of these error codes here. The PS4 SU-30625-6 Error code is one of the most common errors that PS4 users have to face when they update their PlayStation Firmware. The update file can get corrupted and could lock you out of using your PS4.
In this article, we are going to share with you some of the most effective methods that you can use for solving PS4 Error SU-30625-6. So, let’s get started…
What is PS4 SU-30625-6 Error Code?
SU-30625-6 Error Code is one of the most commonly faced errors by PlayStation users. It can happen to you when you are updating your PS4 system software. If you don’t know how to go about it, you can fall into this error because of incomplete software installation.
Updating the software all by yourself is not that easy. You need to know the basic settings and shortcuts which you can use for that. There can be many other reasons for this error. The bottom line is, many PS4 users are facing SU-30625-6 Error Code and it is about time you know how you can get this error fixed, in an easy and simple way.
Why Does the PS4 Error SU-30625-6 Occur?
The most common reason for the occurrence of this error is, when you are updating the PlayStation firmware. The update file gets corrupted during installation and you can’t get into the system. This is one of the main reasons why SU-30625-6 error happens.
Other reasons might include intermittent glitches when you are playing a game or when you mess up the default system settings, trying to update the firmware.
Whatever the reason may be, you shouldn’t be worried when you are faced with this error. There are a number of simple and effective solutions that you can try, to get yourself out of this error.
How to fix PS4 Error SU-30625-6
1. Method #1: Completely Reboot the System
- Turn off PS4 by pressing the Power Button on the Device
- Disconnect the Power Cable from the Electricity Outlet
- To drain the remaining power, Press and Hold the Power Button for at least 30 seconds
- Wait for a few minutes. 5 to 10 min should be fine
- Connect the Power Cable
- Turn on the Device Again
- Connect your System to the PlayStation Network to Download the Updates
This should fix the SU-30625-6 PS4 error. But if the error code still persists, here is what you need to do
2. Method #2 Update via Entering the Safe Mode
- Turn off your PS4
- Once PS4 shuts down, Press the power button until you’re hear two beeps
- Now, connect your PS4 Controller via USB cable to your PlayStation
- If you are using a DualShock4 controller, you should see a PlayStation Button on it
- Press the PlayStation button to enter the Safe Mode
- A menu should pop up. Select the Update System Software Option for the Menu
- The system would automatically go on and install the updates
3. Method #3 Manually Update PS4 (From External Storage)
- Connect an External Storage to your PC and Create a New folder named PS4
- Create a subfolder inside the PS4 folder and name it Update
- Download the PS4 latest Update file from the internet and copy it in the Update folder
- Rename the file as PS4update.pup
- Connect a DualShock Controller to your PS using a USB Cable
- Turn off the PlayStation
- Press and Hold the Power Button until you hear 2 Beeps
- Now, the System would enter the Safe Mode
- From there, Select the update System Software Option
- Select the Option Update from USB Storage Device
- Click on OK to Install the Updates
Note: Make sure to download the PS4 update file from a trusted source.
Related Error Guide:
What is PS4 SU-30625-6 Error Code?
PS4 SU-30625-6 Error is a PlayStation error that messes up the entire system software and locks you out of your gaming console. It crashes the system and you won’t be able to play any kind of games on it, unless you solve this error.
Why Does SU-30625-6 Error Happen?
This error happens when the PS4 firmware update file gets corrupted during the installation. This is the worst kind of error is a nightmare for every PlayStation user.
How to Enter Safe Mode in PS4?
Turn off the System using the Power Button
Press and Hold the Power Button until your Hear the Beep Sound
Connect your PS4 controller with a USB cable to the PlayStation
Press the PlayStation Button on your DualShock 4 Controller
The PS4 will now start up in Safe Mode
How to Fix SU-30625-6 PS4 Error Code?
There are many methods that you can use to solve this error. Sometimes, a simple system reboot does the trick. If it doesn’t help, you can try manually updating the PS4 firmware. Check out the methods that we have given here for the best solutions for PS4 SU-30625-6 error code.
That’s all there is to it. We have shared with you, some of the best methods for solving the PS4 SU-30625-6 error code. These methods are highly effective, and they have given proven results every time. We are always searching for new methods to help PS4 users solve their most common PS4 errors. So, if you have any specific problems with your PS4, just let us know in the comments section. We’d be happy to help you out.