I look forward to my yearly Spring clean! I love how bright our house looks like when we open the windows. and the smell of fresh air.
But I hate the hard work that is involved, and I have always looked for ways to make it easier.
What I do know is that, at the end of the day, I make sure I hire the right professionals to do the jobs that need an expert to do it right and to do it a lot faster than I can. It also ensures that I do not void my home and contents insurance by not keeping my property maintained.
A deep clean will keep your home healthy, organized, and happy. Spring cleaning will remove dust, mold, and mildew before it becomes an issue and it reminds me to get professional services as well.
Hire the following Professionals
- Carpet Cleaning Company
- Window Cleaning Company
- Air Conditioning Cleaning Company
- Gutter Cleaning Company
- Skip Hire Company
Have you ever done a deep clean before?
Tips to look at before you start with the checklist
This will save you time so you do the work right from the start!
- Gather what doesn’t belong in each room. Collect all items that don’t belong and put them in one box then set it aside. Pick up all trash, including any under the beds, cupboards on benchtops and put it in the garbage bag. Discard.
- When dusting, it’s essential to work from top to bottom, left to right. This way you’re not scattering dust over surfaces you’ve already cleaned.
- Remove all linens to be washed – Strip all beds of their sheets, quilt covers.
Leave the mattress cover on the beds until you have dusted. Then remove and wash.
Remove cushion covers from couches – check it you can wash or do they need dry cleaning
Remove curtains – Take them outside to be shaken out. You can also run a vacuum attachment over them as well.
Light weight curtains can be washed on a gentle cycle. Heavier drapes can be put into a dryer on low heat and this will remove a lot of dust. You can get them professionally cleaned as well.
- Put out everything that can go out into the sun – The sun is a natural disinfectant, and it kills dust mites. Hang quilts on the clothes line, put out pillows and cushions.
- Clean Your Rubbish bins after the spring clean – Hot water and vinegar is a great combo to give them a good clean
We also made this checklist to get through all the rooms
We have used professional services for all the carpet cleaning company and for the window cleaning.
We also get our air conditioners cleaned and serviced once a year
This will save time and do a far more effective job that doing it yourself.
Besides – Time is money and I can spend more time doing the sorting out of cupboards.
Get the most out of your spring cleaning by using our spring cleaning checklist.
Tackle every room in your house – from bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen to the living room.
· Wipe skirting boards, architraves, window sills, doors, and walls.
· Vacuum and wash vents.
· Wash curtains
· Dust blinds.
· Wash Windows – Hire window cleaners
· Dust and shine overhead lights – replace burnt light bulbs.
· Dust and/or vacuum light fixtures and lamp shades.
· Clean out pantry.
· Wash kitchen cabinets.
· Deep clean oven.
· Move fridge – vacuum and mop behind it.
· Vacuum coils on fridge.
· Deep clean fridge inside – wash outside.
· Dust and wash any and all mirrors, frames, and decorative items.
· Vacuum all upholstery.
· Vacuum all lamp shades.
· Dust furniture and fixtures.
· Wash all throw pillows and blankets (use steam).
· Dust and polish furniture.
· Vacuum and steam clean carpets – Use Professional Carpet cleaners.
· Wash all bedding.
· Flip Mattress – if using pillow top, rotate mattress.
· Change batteries in smoke alarms
· Check expiration date on fire extinguisher.
· Sweep front porch and back deck.
· Store all winter clothing and blankets
· Clean and disinfect tub and shower.
· Wash bathmats.
· Dust and replace decorative items.
· Wash and/or replace shower liners and shower curtains.
· Discard old and expired makeup. Clean your makeup holders
· Update all your house first aid kits. Toss expired medication while sorting other medication.
· Wash hats or put them outside to air out
· Check shoes in the shoe rack – replace laces and polish shoes that need it
Your Early Spring Clean Wil Be Done In No Time When You Prepare For It
By following a yearly cleaning checklist, you will ensure that your home stays organized and clutter does not build up. A house properly cleaned each year does lift the mood of all living in it. It also reduces allergens and creates a better living experience without a build-up of allergens and irritants in the carpets, curtains, and bedding.